Your web browser is out of date. Update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.
Freelance Technical Domain Architect – Cloud Platform Azure
Technical Domain Architect – Cloud Platform Azure
Duurtijd project: Lange termijn
As an IT Technical Domain Architect, you will be responsible for building and implementing Technical architectures that meet set business requirements within a specific Technology Domain, in this case “Cloud platform”. As part of your project assignments you will use your “Architectural Thinking” to evaluate all requirements and come up with Technology solutions in the form of Technical building blocks, that will be used to support and compose Application & Solution Building blocks.
Technical Domain Architects are responsible for a respective Technical Domain as part of the Technology Architect Layer of the wider Enterprise Architecture Framework. They are highly knowledgeable individuals in their respective domain, but with the ability to think outside of their domain in a broader architectural context. As architects they are able to understand and speak with representatives of the business, but equally able to deep dive on technical subjects, as well as convey new technical concepts to their architect peers and subject matter experts(SME’s).
You will have the chance to work in a diverse IT technology landscape consisting of a hybrid cloud environment, made up of Microsoft & Oracle business applications (both on premises and SaaS), Azure, .NET custom developed apps, Biztalk, Azure Integration Services, iPaaS, IAM, opensource, VMWare virtualized, containerized workloads, etc… and all this on a global scale within a DevOps culture.
Technical Domain Architect responsibilities:
- Be the technical domain architecture lead for Cloud platform within IT projects
- Develop & document Technical Architecture covering functional and non functional req’s
- Define and communicate key Cloud architecture strategic plans and priorities
- Drive & maintain Technology Catalogue, standards lifecycle mgmt. and roadmaps
- Gather and validate technical requirements from stakeholders to cater a fitting cloud technology
- Lead and/or contribute to RFI/RFP and Technology studies
- Perform Technology market and industry analysis
- Ensure proper implementation of defined Cloud architecture, designs & configurations
- Define and communicate Technology Target Architectures, capability framework and principles
- Guide and steer correct usage and deployment of Cloud technologies
- “Hands on” involvement during new cloud technology implementations and migrations
Knowledge and skills:
Deep (Azure) cloud platform knowledge and extensive hands-on experience implementing application workload & data migration and processing using Azure services.
- Technical leadership skills to lead a group of one or more engineers to address a goal.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities, knowledge of other cloud platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of Networking, Windows/Linux OS, Storage, SQL/NOSQL Databases, ELB, AutoScaling, CI/CD, Service Fabric, WebApps, Serverless technologies & Azure Devops
- Experience with “Infrastructure as code”, configuration management and automation tools
- Experience with containerization technologies & orchestration e.g. Kubernetes
- Knowledge of API strategies, management and (micro)services architectures.
- Knowledge of IAM (SAML/OAuth/OIDC, Azure AD), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including conditional access policies, tenant isolation, encryption methods, key management, network & application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience working in Agile & “traditional” SDLC and hybrid methodology environments