Your web browser is out of date. Update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.
Freelance Technical Domain architect - Workplace
Technical Domain Architect – Workplace
Duurtijd project: Lange termijn
As an IT Technical Domain Architect, you will be responsible for building and implementing Technical architectures that meet set business requirements within a specific Technology Domain, in this case “Workplace”. As part of your project assignments you will use your “Architectural Thinking” to evaluate all requirements and come up with Technology solutions in the form of Technical building blocks, that will be used to build and support a modern workplace for End users, Citizen developers and IT.
Technical Domain Architects are responsible for a respective Technical Domain as part of the Technology Architect Layer of the wider Enterprise Architecture Framework. They are highly knowledgeable individuals in their respective domain, but with the ability to think outside of their domain in a broader architectural context. As architects they are able to understand and speak with representatives of the business, but equally able to deep dive on technical subjects, as well as convey new technical concepts to their architect peers and subject matter experts(SME’s).
You will have the chance to work in a diverse IT technology landscape consisting of a hybrid cloud environment, made up of Microsoft & Oracle business applications (both on premises and SaaS), Azure, .NET custom build apps, O365, MS Sharepoint, Citrix, VDI, MS Power platform, opensource, VMWare virtualized, containerized workloads, etc… and all this on a global scale within a DevOps culture.
Technical Domain Architect responsibilities:
- Be the technical domain architecture lead for Workplace within IT projects
- Develop & document Technical Architecture covering functional and non functional req’s
- Define and communicate key Workplace architecture strategic plans and priorities
- Drive & maintain Technology Catalogue, standards lifecycle mgmt. and roadmaps
- Gather and validate requirements from stakeholders to cater a fitting Workplace technology
- Lead and/or contribute to RFI/RFP and Technology studies
- Perform Technology market and industry analysis
- Ensure proper implementation of defined Workplace architecture, designs & configurations
- Define and communicate Technology Target Architectures, capability framework and principles
- Guide and steer correct usage and deployment of Workplace technologies
Knowledge and skills:
Deep experience with modern & digital workplace and extensive hands-on experience designing, implementing and integrating modern workplace architectures
- Technical leadership skills to lead a group of one or more engineers to address a goal.
- Experience with enterprise scale workplace solutions based on Office365, VDI, Citrix, etc…
- Knowledge of Enterprise Endpoint/Mobility management solutions e.g. SOTI, MS SCCM, MS Intune, etc…
- Experience with modern workplace collaboration technologies incl. Software and Hardware
- Experience with architecting and supporting a workplace based on Microsoft Operating systems and Android mobile devices
- Knowledge of IAM (AD/LDAP, Azure AD, SSO, SAML, OAuth, etc…)
- Experience with Low Code/No Code platforms, RPA, technologies and governance
- Experience with MS Sharepoint and Document/Content management systems
- Knowledge of Unified communications platforms and architectures e.g. Cisco Webex, MS Teams